The current 30-person limit for weddings in England is to be lifted from June 21st and instead guest numbers will be dictated by a venue's capacity, Boris Johnson has said in the latest Government announcement. Despite there being no limit to the number of guests allowed to attend a wedding, the PM said numbers will be dictated by the capacity of venues - the amount of invitees must allow for social distancing.
What will the new rules look like? (from June 21st)
• Marquees on private land can only have two sides up to qualify as outdoors.
• The limit on weddings inside private homes remains at six, except a deathbed wedding when up to 30 people are permitted.
• No more than six people can sit at a table.
• There will be no limit to the number of guests allowed to attend a wedding. Numbers will be dictated by the capacity of venues - the amount on invitees must allow for social distancing.
• Risk assessments will be carried out by venues, which will be left to establish the safe numbers allowed.
• The reception must be table service only - no buffet - and singing and indoor dancing will remain banned.
• Dancing is allowed outside, although people are advised not to.
We hope the latest developments mean you can proceed with your wedding as planned. Best wishes from everyone at weddingvenuesinsomerset.co.uk
View the full guidance for weddings on the government website.