Porlock Village Hall is situated at the western end of the High Street at the bottom of
Porlock Hill opposite The Ship Inn.
The original hall, now the Large Hall, was built by public subscription and fund raising
with the foundation stone laid by Mary, Countess of Lovelace, in 1925. The small hall
and adjacent facilities were added in 1974 with a generous gift from Mr R Woodrow and
donations from the people of Porlock.
The Hall is affiliated to the Community Council of Somerset and was awarded a "Hallmark One" certificate in 2004.
The Car Park, adjacent to the hall, is leased to, and operated by, Porlock Parish
Council primarily for the use of users of the hall. It can accommodate 30+ cars and 3
spaces are designated for disabled parking.
By prior agreement with Porlock Parish Council and the Village Hall Management
Committee, access to the car park may be controlled by the hirer of the halls during
the period of hire.
The Large Hall, with its own entrance, is 16.5m x 8.5m (54' x 28') with bench seating
along 2 sides and a permanent stage accessed by moveable steps. The hall is
equipped with a hearing loop and speakers, 2 wired microphones and 1 radio
microphone. A CD player is available.
Wedding Reception Wedding Reception
The Stage is 7.3m x 4.5m (24' x 15') and is equipped with curtains front, back and sides.
A new lighting rig has been installed (in 2011) complete with DMX controllable LED Par
lights and overhead white lights with a dimmer switch. There are also two flood lights.
Stairs at the rear of the stage lead to the Meeting Rooms, which can be used as
TABLES and CHAIRS are shared by both halls and meeting rooms. Currently available are:
21 large folding tables (1830 x 760 mm)
20 small folding tables (915 x 760 mm)
125 Banquet chairs
2 chairs with arms for disabled and elderly
70 stacking chairs
For more info, contact: Web: www.pvh.org.uk
Tel: 01643 862717